General NimonikApp Functionality
Adding and Managing Users to your Account
Other General Functionality
- Tasks Page
- User Management: Setup
- User Management: Permissions
- Emails: What We Send
- Scheduler: Reports
- Logs: Tracking Activity in your Account
- Logs: What Gets Tracked
- Classification of Information
- Email settings: How to Change your Email Settings
- Delete Account: How to Delete your NimonikApp Account
- Internet Explorer Security Issues
Compliance Obligationss & Updates
Legal Monitoring and Registries Management for Legal and Other Requirements (5 minutes)
Other Legal and Compliance Functionality
- Compliance Obligations: Create and Manage your Compliance Obligations
- Compliance Obligations: Add and Remove Items
- New and Changed Legislation
- Managing Permits, CofAs and Other Requirements
Audit and Inspect on the Web
Validation Audits and Inspections
Conduct an Audit on Mobile and Web
Comparitive Reports available in NimonikApp.com (2 minutes)
Uploading and Creating a Company Audit Template (3 Min)
- Company Templates: Upload a new template
- Template: Create an Audit for a Facility
- Audits: Start an Audit at a Facility
- Scheduled Audits: Create an Audit Schedule
- Upload Issues: CSV Audit Template Upload Issues
- Corrective Actions: Creating and Managing Corrective Actions
- Scoring: How we Score Groupings, Audits, and Facilities
- Export Audit Data: Export your Audit Results for Calculations or Integration to Other Systems
Audit and Inspect on iPad, iPhone, Android: Nimonik Audit
- Download and use Audit Templates on Nimonik Audit for iPhone and iPad
- Team Members and Corrective Actions
- Audits: Send Reports
- General Issues with the Nimonik Audit
- Upgrading : Issues with the Nimonik Audit Upgrades
- Synchronization Issues
- Send us Logs to Help Diagnose iPad, iPhone and Android Issues
Asset and Equipment Management
The Task page on NimonikApp.com brings together all of the tasks you need to complete! The following items will show up on your Tasks page:
- Scheduled Audits
- Corrective Actions
- Reporting and renewal requirements tied to your permits and certificates of authorization
- Corporate reporting requirements
- New Legislation that might apply to your operations
- Legislative Updates to items in your Compliance Obligations
- An Item in your Compliance Obligations that is set to Requires Review by a user on your account will show up as Internal Review
- Corrective Actions from an Incident Report
The tick box button allows you to complete an item and leave a note, that will be stored in the Logs. For New Legislation, you can optionally ignore the Item or add it to your Compliance Obligations and receive Tasks when it is modified.
User Management: Setup
There are three types of users:
- General Users
Deleting items: Only administrators and the people who created an item can delete it.
To add, delete or modify users:
- Click on Settings in the top menu.
- Click on Manage Users in the right hand menu.
A user must first be invited to the system. Once they complete the signup process, you can assign them responsibilities and permissions. This is done to ensure a high level of security for your organization.
User Management: Permissions
Permissions can be managed on the Manage Users Page under Settings or on the Edit page of a Company Audit Template, Audit, Obligation or Compliance Obligations.
An Administrator can see and edit everything in an account. We encourage you to limit the number of Administrators to two or three people.
A General User must be given permission by another user to be able to see and edit an item in the site.
You can give permission to General Users to see, edit and delete certain items:
- A Facility – See, edit, delete or add things to the Facility.
- A Compliance Obligations – See, edit, delete or add items to a specific Compliance Obligations.
- An Audit – See, edit, delete or add items to a specific Audit.
- An Audit Template – See, edit, delete or add items to a specific Company Audit Template.
- An Obligation – See, edit, delete or add items to a permit or corporate document.
Facilities in NimonikApp represent physical locations you manage. They are associated to a number of items in your account such as Compliance Obligationss, Audits, Permits, Incidents and Assets.
With NimonikApp, you can categorize your Facilities into Divisions. Simply navigate to Settings and click on Add a Division. You can then edit a Facility and associate it to a Division.
Emails: What We Send
General Users and Administrators will receive various emails which can be managed in each user's My Information page (accessible via the Settings page).
|Items on the Tasks page||by User Responsibility||Monday at 2PM EST|
|Updates on Legislative Changes||by Company Sectors, Jurisdictions, Legislation Type||3rd week of the month|
|Expiring Obligations||by User responsibility||1 year, 6 months and 1 month before expiry|
|Reccurring Obligations||by User responsibility||15 days before the date|
|Corrective Actions||by User responsibility||7 Days before, Day of and Every 7 days after due date|
Obligations: The Basics
NimonikApp.com allows you to manage your permits, certificates of authorization, corporate requirements and other documents in the Scheduler section of each Facility.
To create an Obligation, simply:
- Click on Facilities.
- Click on "Scheduler".
- Click on Create an Obligation.
- Add the related information, and click on Create.
When you create an Obligation you can ask to create a Repeating Obligation. You can set a start date and a frequency. The system will then generate the next five Repeating Obligations, visible on your Tasks page.
When creating an Obligation you can assign specific responsibility for it. This person will receive reminders based on our reminder schedule. Whoever is responsible for the Obligation, will also be responsible for the Repeating Obligations.
Nimonik offers nine types of reports:
- Facility Comparison Report
- Audit Template Trending Report
- Audit Items Report
- Problematic Items Report
- Corrective Action Report
- Obligations Report
- Legal Review Report
- Audit Data Report
Our reports have a colour coding for due dates. The colour coding explains if a task is outstanding and on-time or late or completed on-time, and incomplete, completed late, or completed on-time.
- Blue = Upcoming and not complete
- Red = Late and not complete
- Yellow = Completed late
- Green = Completed on-time
Obligations: Generate Reports
Reports for Obligations completions are available in the Reports menu, accessible from the top menu.
Logs: Tracking Activity in Your Account
All users in an account can see what other people in the account have modified. This information is filtered by authorization.
- A Company Administrator can see everything.
- A General User can see what they have access to.
To see the logs of changes in your account:
- Click on Reports in the top menu.
- Click on Logs.
Logs: What Gets Tracked
We log most activity, such as:
- Compliance Obligations Items reviewed
- Compliance Obligations Items that are modified, added or deleted
- All Corrective Actions that are issued, closed or modified
- All Obligations, Recurring Obligations or Government Reports completed.
We do not track deleted Compliance Obligationss, downloaded Compliance Obligationss, Reports generated or viewing of content on the site.
Email Settings : How to Change your Email Settings
To change the emails you receive, go to your Settings page by:
- Click on Gear Icon in the top-right hand corner.
- Click on My Information.
- Change your email settings.
Delete Your Account
To completely delete your account (there is no undo, all data, users and information will be permanently deleted).
- Click on Gear Icon in the top-right hand corner.
- Click on Edit Company Information.
- Click on Delete your account.
For Fixes to Internet Explorer Security Issues
You might experience a warning from Internet Explorer due to high security settings set by your system administrator.
The fix is in Internet Explorer. Please go to:
- Internet Options
- Advanced Tab
- Go right to the bottom of all the settings.
- Uncheck "Warn if changing between secure mode and non-secure mode?"
- Go to the Security Tab
- Click on Internet icon in the zone selection box
- Click on the Custom level button
- Move the slider to approximately 55% of the range of settings
- Change Display Mixed Content from Prompt to Enable.
The mixed setting needs to be done to the zone that the web site is running under.
It is possible that you may have added this site (https://nimonikapp.com) site to the "Trusted Sites" zone.
You can see the zone in use at the bottom right of the Internet Explorer window. It will say Internet, Trusted Site or Intranet.
This is the zone which must have the Display Mixed Content setting changed to Enable.
Compliance Obligations: Create and Manage your Compliance Obligationss
Create a Compliance Obligations
A Compliance Obligations is a list of laws, regulations, codes, standards and other requirements that are applicable to your operations and that you wish to monitor for changes. To build a legal register, simply follow these steps:
- Click on Compliance Obligationss below the Facilities title.
- Click on Add Compliane Obligations
- Select your Facility and the Industrial Sectors and Legislation Types
- Select your Legislation
- Click Create Compliance Obligations
Uploading a Compliance Obligations via CSV or Excel File
Your register needs to be formatted very specifically. We suggest you contact us for help at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
Responsibility of Compliance Obligations Updates
To set the responsibility for Legal Updates to your register, you must edit your register and select the appropriate person. The designated user will receive Tasks to review changes to laws, regulations, codes and statutes cited in the Compliance Obligations.
Responsibility of Compliance Obligations Items
To set the responsibility for a specific item in your Compliance Obligations, select the name of the person under the Status Drop-Down Menu. The designated user will receive Tasks to review changes to that item.
Compliance Obligations Item Statuses
Each item in your legal register can be set to a specific Status. By default, items are set to Un-assessed. You or your partner consultants can change the Status based on your operations. The statuses offered to you and their general definition are as follows:
- Un-Assessed: Item has not been assessed at all.
- Requires Review: Something at your operations has changed and the item should be reviewed by your team.
- Applicable: The item has been deemed applicable to your operation.
- Complying: You have conducted a compliance audit and you comply to this item's requirements.
- Non-Complying: You have conducted a compliance audit and you do not comply to the requirements of this item.
Each time you change the status, an entry is created in the Review History for that item. The Review History entry will include:
- New Status
- Date of Change
- Time of Change
- Person who made the change
- Note left when change was made
The exportabel Excel version of your Compliance Obligations will include the latest change and allow you to demonstrate assessment to regulators through the creation of a concordance table.
Compliance Obligations: Add and Remove Items
To add a piece of legislation or item to your legal register:
- Navigate to your Compliance Obligations.
Under the appropriate Compliance Obligations:
- Click on Add an Item on the right-hand side of the Compliance Obligations Title
- Then indicate the Item Name (this will place it in the correct drop-down section) (e.g., Air, Waste, Machinery Safety,etc)
- In the legislation field, start typing the name of the legislation and select the correct item from the proposed list
- Click Create
New and Changed Legislation
New legislation is proposed on your Tasks page according to the following criteria.
- The new legislation is in a jurisdiction that your Compliance Obligations are in;
- The new legislation is a Type of Legislation associated to your Copliance Oblgiations;
- The new legislation is in an Industrial Sector that your Compliance Obligations are in; and
- The new legislation is not already in your Compliance Obligations.
Legislative Updates that impact your Compliance Obligations
When an Item in your Compliance Obligations has been updated by Nimonik, due to legislative change, it will be marked in yellow as a Legislative Update on your Tasks page and in your Compliance Obligations.
Nimonik Audit for iOS and Android Help
Company Templates: Upload a New Template
Company Templates are Audit Templates that you can use to conduct an Audits. They are restricted to your organization.
Company Templates allow you to store an Audit for repeated use on Nimonik Audit for iPad, iPhone and Android or on the NimonikApp website. To upload a Company Template, follow these simple steps.
Step 1: Prepare your Company Template in Excel, Google Docs or another spreadsheet software.
Your Audit Template should have six (6) columns titled:
- “Grouping” - This will group or categorize items
- “Name” - The name of the item (You must have a name for each item)
- “Requirement” - The Question the auditor will respond to
- “Additional Info” - Additional background information on the item
- “Details” - Additional background information on the item, often legislative references
- “Risk” - A integer that will be used to calculate your audit score
In Excel, click File > Save As and choose the file format Comma Separated Values (CSV).
Step 2: Enter the details on the site
- Click on Audit Templates in the top menu.
- Click on Add a Company Template.
Insert a title, the scope, set the statuses and the default reporting settings.
Click on Continue
Step 3: Upload the file
- Click on Choose File
- Select the File
- Click Upload CSV
Match the headers in your CSV file to the ones in our system. If you respected the naming above, it should match automatically. If not, then simply use the dropdown menu to match the headers. Finally, Then click on Create Audit Template from CSV.
Audit: Associate a Company or Public Template to a Facility
This is the first step to conducting an Audit at a Facility.
- Click on Audit Templates in the top menu.
- Select on a Company or Public Template or search for one.
- Click on Start Audit.
- Select your Facility and optionally select the Groupings you wish to include.
- Click Create Audit.
Facility: Start an Audit to a Facility
- Click on your Company Name.
- Click on Audits under the Facility.
- Click on Use Template.
Scheduled Audits: Create an Audit Schedule or Audit PlanSchedule a single audit or repeating audits is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Click on Scheduler under the Facility where you would like to schedule your audit(s).
- Then click on Create Obligation.
- Select “Schedule an Audit Template” as the option and choose the Company Audit Template for this scheduled audit
- You can then plan either a one-time audit or plan a recurring audit – monthly, daily or at an annual frequency.
- On your Tasks page, you will see Scheduled Audit and when you complete the task, you will be prompted to Start your Audit!
CSV Checklist Upload Trouble
If you receive an error message on upload, it should indicate the row number where there is an issue in your file. If it does not, then the error is probably in the header (first) row.
A few suggestions:
- You need to keep the same headers as the template.
- You cannot have any rows with a blank item names.
- You cannot add columns to the template.
- Please avoid using characters such as "/" in your notes as this might pose an issue.
Creating and Managing Corrective Actions
With NimonikApp you can create, manage and assign Corrective Actions to your team. For each item in an Audit, you can issue a Corrective Action with a due date and a responsible person. The responsible person will receive a Task and email alert upon assignment as well as a follow-up emails seven (7) days before the due date. All Corrective Actions can be found on your Tasks page. You can also generate a report of completed and outstanding corrective actions Report via the Reports Menu.
With Nimonik Audit on Android, iPad and iPhone, you can assign corrective actions to your colleagues on the go.
Scoring in Audits and Facilities
For each question in your Audit, you can now assign a Risk and obtain a Score. The risk can be any integer and can be set in your Company Templates for each audit item. By default the Risk is set to 100 for all audit items.
The scores are then calculated by multiplying the Risk with the value of the status. The values of the various statuses are as follows:
- Un-Audited (Blue) = 0 %
- Non-Conforming (Red) = 0%
- Warning (Yellow) = 50%
- Conforming (Green) = 100%
- Not Applicable (Gray) = Not counted
- Custom Score (Pink) = Set your own % value for the question.
For example, if an audit question has a Risk value of 15 and you select Conforming, it will receive 15 points. A Yellow Status would generate 7.5 points. The higher the score, the higher the compliance rate. A question with more Risk will have a bigger impact on the overall score of your audit, for better or for worse.
The scores are calculated per grouping, per audit and per facility. At Nimonik, we believe one simple score in a percentage form will help you identify problematic Audits and Facilities and then implement plans to improve compliance for safety, quality, health and environmental issues.
Why does Un-Audited = 0?
Our aim with the scoring is to ensure users of NimonikApp respond to all the requirements in an Audit. We wanted to encourage users of NimonikApp to mark non-relevant questions as not-applicable, to indicate they were assessed.
Export your Audit Data
You can export all of your Audit data, allowing you to conduct a detailed analysis in Microsoft Excel or import your data into your own database. This feature lets you get your audit data out of our system and into your hands. To use it, simply follow these two steps:
- Click on Gear icon in the top-right hand corner
- Click on "Export Audits" in the right hand menu
You will receive a file in the same format as this file (Audits.csv)
Nimonik Audit for iPhone, Android, and iPad
Audits: Generate Reports on Nimonik Audit
To generate a report for an audit performed on Nimonik Audit for mobile devices, simply navigate to your Audit.
On iOS, select Report in the bottom menu and on Anroid, select Report from the top-right hand menu. You will then receive a link to the report by email and be able to access the report on on your device. Our reports come in multiple formats — Excel (CSV), Word (RTF) and PDF and a Zip file with all the formats and media inside. Download a sample report here.
Create Audits with Audit Templates to Nimonik Audit
- Tap on the three-bar icon on the top-left hand side.
- Tap on Audit Templates.
- Tap on Public Templates or Company Templates and search for a Template you would like to use.
- Tap on Free.
- Tap on Download.
- Tap on Create Audit.
Team Members and Corrective Actions
With Nimonik Audit on Android and iOS, you can assign Corrective Actions to your colleagues. To add users to your Nimonik Audit account, you need to invite them from the website or from a Corrective Action or from an Audit.
Export: Trouble Using the App
If you experience issues with the app, we first recommend closing it and restarting it.
On iOS 7,8,9:
- Double-tap the Home button.
- Swipe the app window towards the top of the screen.
Force Upload if data on the iPad is more up-to-date than on NimonikApp
Please go to the List of your Audits on your iPad as seen below
Hold down the Name of the Audit, two options should appear as below
Select "Uploading to Server" and select OK at the next prompt.
Once that completes, please verify on NimonikApp.com if the audit information is now accurate.
Send us Logs
Please open the iPad app and click on Support and then click on Contact Support in the bottom right hand corner. This will send us an email with your logs to help us diagnose the problem.
The current version of Nimonik Audit requires iOS 6. We no longer support previous versions of the software.
The easiest solution is for you to completely delete the application from your iPad or iPhone and re-install it. That should resolve the issue.
However, this will delete any data you have collected with the Nimonik Audit app. If you have synced your data to the NimonikApp servers, you will be able to re-download the data. If not, it will be lost.
If you have been backing up your computer regularly with Time Machine or an equivalent system, you can attempt to restore a previous version of the app with your data in it. To do so, please follow the instructions found here.
Assets and Equipment Management
The Asset module in NimonikApp allows you to create an Asset that represents a piece of equipment or a part of your facility. Each Asset has the following attributes:
- A Title
- An ID that can be a barcode
- A description of the asset
- Attached documents such as service manuals, photos or safety procedures
Associate Assets to Audits and Audit Items
Each asset can be associated to two things:
- An Audit: You can conduct an Audit and associate it to a specific Asset, allowing you to demonstrate a regular inspection of a piece of equipment or division of your facility.
- An Audit Item: During an Audit you can associate a specific Audit Item to an Asset, allowing you to identify problematic locations in your facility or equipment that might pose an environmental, health, safety or quality risk.